Sunday, October 30, 2016

When Chromosomes connect us...


As I sit here refreshing facebook over and over checking on a fellow child with Down syndrome who  has a horrible accident at his home I'm reminded of one thing, we ARE one big family connected by chromosomes. It's like a "club" a special kind of club that's filled with love from the east cost to the west coast amd everything in between. When one family hurts we all hurt. We pull together amd rally up for thoughts and prayers. We mean those words of love. I have never met many of the children I follow but one thing is for sure, I care deeply for each of them. When I say I'm praying for you, I'm really praying for you.

I can't explain the bond we share all because our kids have an extra chromosome. It's a love like no other. No one told me that with Down syndrome not only comes a wonderful child but also comes a huge extended family.  A family who is there when ya need them. We offer and give advice, we laugh, we cry, we share our hopes and dreams as well as our fears. We GET each other.

There is something magical that happens when we do get a chance to get together, no one could prepare you for what your heart will feel. I can promise you that being in a room full of  children rocking an extra chromosome is the most rewarding kind of love you will ever feel. Our kids are pure love and joy.  You can learn more from them than you could ever teach them.  If you get a chance to meet a child with Down syndrome, do it! They will enrich your life so much.  My only regret is why he waited so long to come to me.

I have learned more in the last 2 years than I have in my entire life, more than school or college could teach you. These children teach you the simple joys of life,  how to appreciate and really soak in each day, every accomplishment/milestone  is huge and deserves a cheer!

I'm honored to be on this journey with so many loving and caring people who really get it.
Thank you to everyone who welcomed us with open arms and hearts, I will continue  to do the same for each family after us. After all, we are one BIG family!
 3:21 #t21 #downsyndrome #love

No comments:

Post a Comment