Thursday, February 18, 2016

Don't complain about your busy toddler!

 I look forward to the day I can chase my 25lb toddler. Running down the hall, through the store, at the doctor or anywhere else he needs to be let down and move. Everything he's done so far, like rolling, crawling, pulling up" I looked forward to those milestones too and they finally happened. 

When I think back to the toddler chasing days prior to now, which has been 20 years ago! I don't really remember a lot because it came naturally. They walked and ran and I chased after them. 

Now, while out and about and I hear someone complain about their toddler not sitting still, won't stop moving, keeps running around. I want to politely let them know I will trade places for just one busy day. 

Here is how my day goes when we have a busy day. (like today) I had to go to doctor for myself, I knew this would be hard because I have a toddler and need an X-ray (let's think this through momma) I thought it through, I had no other choice but take my baby with me. 

We sit there, 2.5 hours toddler in lap, wants to move, stand or just get out of my lap. He can't! No one would put their baby on a doctor floor. (I hope not) I'm waiting, standing, walking around. My 25lb toddler on my left hip, left arm is starting to feel the pressure, the throbbing, he's tossing, turning, my arm is getting weaker,  Back is aching, What can I do? Let him walk around? No, Nothing! Hold on and be strong, push through it. That's what I did and I do this a lot. (As many moms do) 

Let's not mention going to the restroom while there, toddler on left hip, holding him on my side as I use the restroom. All while wishing I was the complaining momma of the running toddler. 

Imagine someone giving you a 25lb weight and telling you to hold it up and don't let go. It don't sound like much weight does it? Well, when it's dead weight that you can't drop it begins to feel like 100lbs 

I guess what in trying to say is, stop complaining about your walking toddler on the move. Be thankful, your arms are free when you need them to be. Me and many other mommas are praying to see the day we can chase our running toddler. When we will no longer smile through the pain shooting in our backs and arms from our toddler who we can't put down yet. 

I know he will get there! And until then, I'll keep smiling with my toddler on my hip all while secretly wishing I was the complaining momma next to me with the running toddler. 




No comments:

Post a Comment